[CS-FSLUG] Installing e-Sword <-- was --> Gnome and stuff

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 17:00:18 CDT 2009

Cia,

Some of the dll files get put in the windows/system32 folder, while some get
put in the
program files/e-sword folder. I usually put a copy of both into each folder,
that way
I know that I got the files where they're supposed to be.

Then, using the winecfg program, you have to setup an override on two of
those dll files:

riched20
riched32

Both need to be set to native.

To setup the override, you simply click on the Libraries tab in the Wine
configuration window.
Then scroll to the above dll files, click add.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

later,
Chad

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Cia Watson <ciamarie at my180.net> wrote:

> I'm replying from my F7 laptop, and it's not putting the original
> message in the reply using claws-mail, hmmm (unless it appends it but I
> can't see it?) So I'll cut & paste from the original message:
>
> Chad wrote:
>
> >Just curious as to why you couldn't get e-sword to run?
> I have been able to get it to run on every linux distribution that I
> have ever installed...As long as you can install wine, you can install
> e-sword. There are 3 (possibly 4...it's been awhile since I've had to
> install it) dll files that you have to download off the internet and
> then tweak them with wine.<
>
> I don't know why I couldn't get it to run, but it was the newest
> version (which you mentioned you're using an earlier version...), 9 I
> think? I did find a tutorial that mentioned dll's to download, which I
> got and added to the win32 folder, still wouldn't run. But that
> tutorial is where I found out about Theophilos bible software,
> hadn't heard of it before. I believe I have at least 1 or maybe 2
> earlier versions of eSword on backup CD's; I just haven't taken the
> time to look yet. The tutorial was at least a couple years old, so it
> was talking about an earlier version of eSword, also.
>
> If or when I find one of those earlier versions I'll try installing
> that and I should have the bible files to add, too. I mostly use it to
> do keyword searches, since I'll usually remember a few words of a verse
> but not the chapter & verse reference; or I want to get verses on a
> particular topic and I'll search on that. Then I'll cut & paste if it's
> something I'm writing or blogging and want to include, so for that
> Theophilos should work fine.
>
> Thanks for the offer of assistance, I'll post again if or when I need
> it!
>
> Cia

Chad, Jess & Lil' Sam Fluegge
Psalms 61:5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the
heritage of those that fear thy name.
Ezra 7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and
to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.