[CS-FSLUG] Macs are only safe because they're unpopular

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Oct 5 21:18:59 CDT 2009

Recently I had done a small poll among a number of missions to find that
Mac popularity had increased in missions about 20% in the last two
years. We did a bunch of missions helpdesk and actually had 30% of all
the computers that we worked on that day be Macs. We decided it had to
do with the unpopularity of Vista that made Macs so popular. Also, with
current Macs using the Intel chips, it made it very popular among
missions IT people to have a Mac. That way you have one computer that
runs all OSes in the organization.

In Short, The same way that more and more junk is making it's way into
Firefox because Firefox has increased in popularity, you will start to
see a lot more stuff out there for Macs. Of course, with Windows 7
coming out, people may shy away from Macs again... :)

- Tim Young