[CS-FSLUG] OT: Conficker and Virus Scanners

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon May 25 21:12:01 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,
	Has anyone on here dealt with Conficker cleaning? Someone decided to
remove the anti-virus on a computer at church, and it appears to be a
mess with that delightful little virus.

	So, the first question I have is, if you've dealt with Conficker, did
you have any success cleaning a system without reformatting? I've read
mixed reports.

	Second, I'm not terribly thrilled with most AV software I've worked
with in recent years. Anyone have one you really like not only for
accuracy but also being a non-resource hog?

	Thanks,
		Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton