[CS-FSLUG] Israeli Sense of Humor at UN - EXCELLENT!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon May 4 22:23:31 CDT 2009

      Just in case the subject ever comes up about who really should be in
the land of Israel you will have this point of view.

      An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the
United Nations Assembly which made the world community smile. A
representative from Israel began: "Before beginning my talk I want to tell
you something about Moses. When he struck the rock and it brought forth
water, he thought, 'What a good opportunity to have a bath! He removed his
clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out
and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Palestinian had stolen
them."

      The Palestinian representative jumped up furiously and shouted, "What
are you talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then!"

      The Israeli representative smiled and said, "And now that we have
made that clear, I will begin my speech."

--
Gun-toting Americans are clearly more self-sufficient than the sissy
Europeans. This is great news for everyone except Barney Frank, who's