[CS-FSLUG] Kiosk Web Filtering/Restrictions

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 10:00:14 CDT 2009

> On your other question - what do you mean by really, really simple?
>
> If the site is on the Internet, then personally, the way I'd do it is
> by changing the routing table to only allow access to your DNS
> servers, and the IP address of that site...

I would go along with something like this.  If the site is on the LAN,
don't set a gateway and you won't find anything outside your network.
If you need to go outside, either don't set up a DNS or set it to a
system that only replies with IP 127.0.0.1 or an internal webserver page
that shows a page explaining the policy of use and use the hosts file to
resolve the one IP you want.

It's probably "simpler" trying to use routing and DNS tricks rather than
filtering software.

sjm