[CS-FSLUG] Kiosk Web Filtering/Restrictions

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Wed Jul 8 07:08:54 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Chad Fluegge<chadfluegge at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use it on my home network... It does allow you to block certain pages...it
> also allows you to unblock pages that would be blocked under a given
> category.

The one thing OpenDNS doesn't do is allow you to disallow _all_ sites
but permitted ones (like Leopard does). I think this is what Tim is
looking for. You might approximate it, but checking all categories in
OpenDNS, and see what happens, and that would certainly keep people
from checking their FaceBook pages. ;-) I think it's still worth
looking in to, especially as it also blocks those proxy sites that
hide your IP address to anonymize (sic) you.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland