[CS-FSLUG] Hacker...Me

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 22:05:36 CST 2009

On 1/29/09, Robert Wohlfarth <rbwohlfarth at gmail.com> wrote:
>  1) Download TightVNC for Windows onto the MagicJack machine from
>  http://www.tightvnc.com/download.html#stable
>  2) Install the TightVNC software.
>  3) Configure the VNC server to start as a service.
>  4) Make a note of the IP address for the MagicJack machine.
>  5) Allow VNC through the firewall of the MagicJack machine.
>  6) Install Freespire's package for xtightvnc on the Linux client.
>  7) Allow VNC through the firewall of Freespire.
>  8) Fire up the client and connect to the MagicJack IP address.
>  9) Download TightVNC onto the second Windows machine.
>  10) Allow VNC through the firewall.
>  11) Fire up the client and connect to the MagicJack IP address.

OK...this looks promising.  I did steps 1 through11 with the exception
of #4.  I couldnt figure out how to find that address.  But when I got
to the step #8 , I fired up the client and it wants that address.  So
if I can figure out where to find that address, I think this is going
to work.

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."