[CS-FSLUG] Windows kicks Linux to the curb

Micah Yoder yoderm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:13:52 CST 2009

2009/1/26 Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>:
> Windows kicks Linux to the curb
>
> Robin Harris: Windows 7 is the final nail in the desktop Linux market's
> coffin. Unless Microsoft gets stupid on pricing, it is game over for Linux
> netbook market share. Linux, we hardly knew ye -- on the desktop, anyway.

Whatever. Not sure where he gets the idea that Windows 7 will run fine
on netbooks. Have they somehow decreased its specs considerably? I
thought it needed the same hardware as Vista.

Microsoft's whole idea of "activation" for operating systems should
also shoot them in the foot. One should be able to re-install an OS
with no grief, and MS is the only OS vendor that gives said grief.

Anyway, I'm building my next computer next weekend (parts are on the
way from Newegg!) and out of morbid curiosity I think I will install
the Windows 7 beta.