[CS-FSLUG] choppy .mov

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sun Jan 18 12:18:32 CST 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 9:17:39 am Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> David McGlone wrote:

> >> Are you using pulse, by chance?
> >
> > The only thing I see that is installed by pulse is the client libraries
> > (libpulse0) but the sound server isn't installed (pulseaudio).
> >
> > Should I be using pulseaudio?
>
> Try it.  On this old 2.2GHz Duron, Pulse is working wonderfully.  Takes
> a little setting up, but like wow.  Best recipe I've found:

Followed the instructions, No go :-(

All my audio works great with alsa, there has got to be a problem with
kaffeine and dragon player. I downloaded vlc and it works fine, even mplayer
works fine. kaffeine and dragon player also work fine for everything except
.mov files. I don't get it how could 1 work but not the other? I'm wondering
if vlc is using some type of setting that kaffeine isn't, but looking in the
options of both reveals zilch.

It upsets me that in this type of situation I have to make a choice to:

A. Remember which player to launch for what type of media and have a gazillion
apps for each type.

OR

B. Settle for using an app that I really don't care for in order to have just
1 all around video app instead of a gazillion.

As a last ditch effort, I'll sign up for the kaffeine mailing list and see if
someone there can help me out, I'll also give a holler over on the kubuntu
list and see if anyone there has had the problem or knows of a fix.

--
David M.
http://www.dmcentral.net