[CS-FSLUG] Qt relicensed as LGPL

Eduardo Sánchez lists at sombragris.org
Sun Jan 18 12:17:01 CST 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 04.52.13 Jon Glass wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 4:53 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman
> I believe that Webkit was based on khtml, but they have since parted
> company. I wish Konqueror would use Webkit, but I don't think it
> does, based on my experience of its behavior.

WebKit was forked from KHTML and developed by Apple. Right now there is
a project, called Project Unity, aimed at merging both codebases back.
But I am afraid that particular project is stalled right now. What I can
say is that Konqueror *can* use WebKit instead of KHTML as its rendering
engine (in fact, once upon a time it could also use Gecko).

> Speaking of Webkit, is there _any_ decent browser on Linux that uses
> it? One that could replace Firefox?

There's Midori, but it's still in heavy development. Then there will be,
*someday*, perhaps, Google Chrome.

Blessings,

Eduardo
--