[CS-FSLUG] Check for me: auto.smb ?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Sun Jan 18 08:25:14 CST 2009

I am sufficiently dismayed by the presence of an unfixed autofs+smb bug
in Ubuntu current, to scrag this Linux Mint and set up something
thoroughly non-Ubuntu.  But I should have my auto.smb checked.  Might a
kind brother or sister here verify for me that this should work well?
Everything seems to work on command line, permissions check out
beautifully via 'ls -l', and also 'medit' is able to edit files on the
share; but neither KDE or Gnome apps can create directories or edit files:

MYDOCS
-fstype=smbfs,username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=jeb,gid=users,rsize=34000,file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770,nounix
://192.168.0.101/MYDOCS
MYVID
-fstype=smbfs,username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=jeb,gid=users,rsize=34000,file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770,nounix
://192.168.0.101/MYVID
MYPIX
-fstype=smbfs,username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=jeb,gid=users,rsize=34000,file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770,nounix
://192.168.0.101/MYPIX
MYMUSIC
-fstype=smbfs,username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=jeb,gid=users,rsize=34000,file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770,nounix
://192.168.0.101/MYMUSIC
0JEB
-fstype=smbfs,username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=jeb,gid=users,rsize=34000,file_mode=0660,dir_mode=0770,nounix
://192.168.0.101/0JEB

At first I didn't use rsize, file_mode, dir_mode, no or nounix; but
these were all in my manual-mount .sh script, so I stuck them back in
just in case.  Didn't help.

J.E.B.