[CS-FSLUG] Qt relicensed as LGPL

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Sun Jan 18 07:56:50 CST 2009

>> Does Webkit do well in general?  I thought Konqueror was Webkit's original?
>>

> I believe that Webkit was based on khtml, but they have since parted
> company. I wish Konqueror would use Webkit, but I don't think it does,
> based on my experience of its behavior.
>
> Speaking of Webkit, is there _any_ decent browser on Linux that uses
> it? One that could replace Firefox?

You're right:  Webkit is a _fork_ of Konqueror's engine.  I had read
news a while back that Konqueror was on the verge of abandoning its
unforked engine in favor of Webkit, but I guess that valuable move was
lost.  Not too surprising to me, Konqueror (like Opera) has always
seemed to me to be "on the verge" of being a reliable general-purpose
web browser :-(

I found this paragraph with a few possibles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebKit#Usage

J.E.B.