[CS-FSLUG] Qt relicensed as LGPL

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Jan 14 17:05:12 CST 2009

They f
On Jan 14, 2009, at 7:57 AM, Eduardo Sánchez wrote:

> I think this is great news:
>
> http://dot.kde.org/1231920504/
>
>> Nokia has announced that starting with version 4.5, Qt will be
>> available under the LGPL 2.1. From the announcement,

	They finally did what I've been saying they should do for years! :-)

	Great!

	Now, if only KDE can refine itself a bit, they'll have a winner.
Technologically, they already do. Licensing, it seems to me, was one
of the biggest problems.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "It may be that  when the angels go about their
Editor, OfB.biz   | task  praising God,  they play only Bach.  I am
tbutler at ofb.biz   | sure,  however,  that when they are together en
timothybutler.us  | famille they play Mozart."
                                                      -- Karl Barth