[CS-FSLUG] sudo, alternatives, configurators

l4c at thelinuxlink.net l4c at thelinuxlink.net
Sat Jan 10 14:52:02 CST 2009

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> I thoroughly agree.  Linc, do you know of a good GUI sudo configurator?
> sudo is the best permissions-override system I know of (although, come
> to think of it, there are at least two or three more in the Ubuntu
> repository I have not tried!  Hmmm), but its configuration complexity
> drives me batty.
>
> J.E.B.

Alas, no.  However, it's probably not as hard configuring sudo as you may
think.  Most times, there are good examples already there that you can
copy, and many times you can just uncomment an example and make sure your
user is part of that group.  But really, just put this in the end of that
file:

yourloginname ALL=(ALL) ALL

and that will let you use sudo to do whatever you need to do.

--
-Linc Fessenden