[CS-FSLUG] Windows 7: The beginning of the end of the "Wintel" duopoly?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at joshuacorps.org
Tue Jan 6 21:53:43 CST 2009

A coworker who sits twenty feet from my desk, has 7 Beta on his laptop.
It is faster.  The shop conclusion is that Vista was a rushed beta, and
that 7 is the fix.

If one wants a reliable Windows, though, one should run Server 2008.
Runs all the same apps, faster, more stably, more RAM available.  More
expensive, too, of course.

Windows ME and Windows 2000 had approximately the same hardware
requirements :-)  ME and 98 really used the same hardware, actually, and
98 used it better.  Many techs are looking at Vista as the latest
Windows ME.  ME was a weird hybrid that never worked very well,
abandoned by Microsoft very quickly.

J.E.B.