[CS-FSLUG] Theory Exercise: Stable Desktop

Eduardo Sánchez lists at sombragris.org
Sat Jan 3 17:39:19 CST 2009

On Saturday 03 January 2009 20.00.00 Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> Koffice never fixing the kerning on TTFs
>

> Completely agree, but this bug is not KDE's is a known Qt bug. The
> culprit here is Nokia/Trolltech; they refused to fix it in Qt 3.x.
> AFAICT, the bug is fixed in Qt 4.x.
>
> Eduard
>  Wow.  I had thought the Qt people were more worthwhile than that.
> Perhaps I will work a little harder to steer clear of Qt.
>
>  J.E.B.

Hmmm. *All* the major developers are like that. I wouldn't read too much
into it. Perhaps now, since they have new management that requires
ultra-stable releases (Nokia needs stable software for use in its
phones), I would cut them some slack... hopefully.

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sanchez, B. Th.
Traductor Público Inglés-Español