[CS-FSLUG] OT: My wife is from this small town in NY.

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Fri Dec 18 06:59:06 CST 2009

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 00:16:59 -0600, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com>
wrote:

> That is correct......He chose to do that. I don't know that is what
> we're all supposed to do now. As to the Crusades, there's much in
> current history books that's not accurate. One needs to have done proper
> study for many years to be able to discuss that issue intelligently. I
> don't believe any of us here fit that qualification.

I assert we are supposed to do that. And I wonder if you realize how
insulting that last line sounds? With my degree in Social Studies
(including large doses of history), there is no way I could qualify? My
professors, with PhDs, called me a professional historian. I may not
really know, but it's hard to imagine that wasn't designed merely to shut
someone up. When does someone gain the right to disagree, brother?

--
Ed Hurst