[CS-FSLUG] I had a dream that posed an interesting question

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sun Dec 6 17:09:18 CST 2009

I would agree with Fred in this.  If God had chosen to only put Adam on
earth with no Eve, God would have given Adam some purpose.  At the same
time, Jim asks a fair question, "What purpose would we serve?"  We, as
humans, get too much of our identity out of our jobs, the other people
in our lives, etc.  But, when the various Christian leaders were
striving to determine, "What is the chief end of man" (what is man's
role in this world), they came up with a number of answers which only
somewhat relied on other humans.  Most of our responsibility is to love
God.  Personally, I would have a difficult time knowing how to reflect
that love if there were no other humans on this earth.  In John, the
Bible says that we know we love God by seeing His love pour out to
others through us.  It is His love coursing through us that gives us the
assurance that we are in Him.

Being the only person stranded on an island, etc, would put us in a
similar predicament.  It is a good question.  If there were no other
people you could impact, could you express God's love?

    - Tim Young