[CS-FSLUG] Free groupware at last

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Mon Apr 6 18:57:47 CDT 2009

On Sunday 05 April 2009 10:59:07 pm Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> Interesting.  Kontact 4.2.1 appears to be able to do full groupware on a
> standard IMAP server.  It appears to be head and shoulders better at
> this than the Thunderbird/Lightning/etc. project.  Will be studying.  If
> you'd like to try it, you'll need to use server type "Kolab Server",
> because it's the Kolab standard which is in use -- but Kolab is
> apparently an XML protocol add-on to standard IMAP.
>
> Now I'm very eager to see KDE 4.2.* reliable and strong on Windows.
> I've heard it's coming along.

Do you mean Kontact 1.4.2?

before I read this e-mail I was fiddling with it and I decided to try the
akonadi Address book and it lets me save addresses, but I couldn't test it,
because when I went to my laptop, somehow kontact is broken. in the past
couple days, things have became a mess on my computers and I know they are
from the updates I've been doing.

I'm probably going to have to do a fresh install.

On my desktop, my mouse is so annoying me, i'm getting so mad at it. When I
single click it's double clicking, I've tried adjusting the click rate, etc,
etc but nothing. sometimes I can't even move windows. And on my laptop, when I
log into kde, kmail automatically starts, when I close it, it automatically
starts back up! I've even killed it off using it's PID and it still comes back
and Kontact is only half baked and doesn't work anymore on the laptop.

So It looks like i'm going to have to put off getting that "perfect" IMAP
setup until I can get a stable system again.

Blessings,
David M.
http://www.dmcentral.net