[CS-FSLUG] mini-ITX boot problem

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:11:32 CDT 2009

You could try using unetbootin... It takes any downloaded iso and turns a
USB drive into a live-usb... It works in both Linux and Windows.

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Ron Thompson <ron.t at xplornet.com> wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
>    I've downloaded the latest Puppy Linux .iso.  I've been doing some
> searches on their site to see how I can transfer that to a USB drive rather
> than burn it to a CD so that I can do a USB drive installation.  But I'm
> getting irrelevant hits, like full installation to USB (no HD), and the
> like.
> Any pointers on how to make a CD installation .iso into a USB installation?
>
>    Ron
>
> On Thursday 02 April 2009 06:29, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> > Next thing I would try, is to boot Puppy Linux from CD.  This will tell
> > fairly definitively whether that motherboard is standard enough for
> > Linux, or whether it might be one of the proprietarized boards which
> > often will crash anything, including the Windows installer.  Puppy 4.1.2
> > is a 95M ISO, fairly quick and easy to download, burn, and boot from CD.
> >
> > If it boots Puppy from CD, I would jump to something with broader
> > support for newest hardware, probably Sabayon based on recent
> > experiences.  I have had all sorts of troubles with RedHat (which is
> > CentOS) not supporting non-vanilla hardware without extensive tweaking
> > (which frankly, I refuse to waste my time doing).
> >
> > But that motherboard might be a lot easier to run using a SATA CD-ROM.
> > You could buy one and return it if it didn't help, if you can afford to
> > do so.
> >
> > J.E.B.
>
> --
> Ron Thompson, |^|
> Yellowknife, NT, Canada
> "Who are are these that fly as a cloud, and as doves to their window?" Is
> 60:8

Chad, Jess & Lil' Sam Fluegge
Psalms 61:5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the
heritage of those that fear thy name.
Ezra 7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and
to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.