[CS-FSLUG] Documentation

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 22 20:30:37 CDT 2008

I sent something out to all of you a couple of days ago that made
reference to Rick Warren's mega church and some others. This is
a follow up on Rick Warren. It's not just important, as you can see how
he refers frequently to scripture as it appears in a new bible that is
loaded with errors (more of a paraphrasing text than scripture), but to
see how he and many others twist scripture to reinforce what is being
sold as truth. I'm sure you all will have fun! ;)

Here's a good general critique of Rick Warren's theology:
http://www.webtruth.org/articles/church-issues-30/the-purpose-driven-church-(a-critique)-59.html

Rick Warren's misuse of Scripture in the "Purpose Driven Life" (two parts):
http://www.svchapel.org/Resources/Articles/read_articles.asp?id=1
http://www.svchapel.org/Resources/articles/read_articles.asp?id=2

How the "Purpose Driven Life" obscures the Gospel:
http://cicministry.org/commentary/issue80.htm

Warren says those who oppose his "Purpose Driven" program are leaders from
hell who must leave or die:
http://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/resistersdieorleave.htm

An extremely important article that puts Warren into perspective,
Transforming
Culture with a Messiah Complex:
http://9marks.org/partner/Article_Display_Page/0,,PTID314526|CHID598014|
CIID2376346,00.html

In The Name of Purpose: Sacrificing Truth on the Altar of Unity (free
ebook):
http://www.inthenameofpurpose.org/index.html

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."