[CS-FSLUG] [PD] The American Flag - I'm speechless...

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Oct 21 23:47:34 CDT 2008

>>> Both candidates have
>>> inaccurately stated the others' position on various issues.
>>
>> Yes...that part is true. However, McCanin doesn't have communist
>> ties,
>> and terrorists for friends, etc.
>
> I can't say anything about communist ties (and not being from America,
> I can't say I share in the total paranoia about anything that looks
> even vaguely 'communist'), but I find it really ironic, that in a
> discussion about politicians lying about each other, one of those lies
> should be trooped out as supporting evidence:
> http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he_lied_about_bill_ayers.html

That FactCheck commentary glosses over some things, I think, just
comparing the way Sen. Obama has shifted his explanation of this over
time, as things like the Woods Foundation situation and other ties
have been come clearer.

I'm not endorsing lying about it, but Ayres offers plenty of ties
without any lies (hey, that rhymes).

Of course, I'd rather talk about "Joe the Plumber."

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Philosophy  always  requires  something  more,
Editor, OfB.biz   | requires the eternal,  the true, in contrast to
tbutler at ofb.biz   | which even the fullest existence as such is but
timothybutler.us  | a happy moment."
                                                -- Søren Kierkegaard