[CS-FSLUG] [PD] The American Flag - I'm speechless...

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Oct 21 23:42:56 CDT 2008

On Oct 21, 2008, at 12:08 AM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> writes:
>> Methinks thy eyes have not scoured the king's text enough
>
> Not to be pointlessly picky, but...
>
> That should be "thine eyes".  (Think _Battle Hymn of the Republic_,
> "mine eyes have seen" etc.)  Once upon a time, my/mine and thy/thine
> were conjugated like the modern-day a/an, where the consonant is
> obligated when the following word begins with a vowel.

	I hangeth my head in shame. :-)

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Philosophy  always  requires  something  more,
Editor, OfB.biz   | requires the eternal,  the true, in contrast to
tbutler at ofb.biz   | which even the fullest existence as such is but
timothybutler.us  | a happy moment."
                                                -- Søren Kierkegaard