[CS-FSLUG] OSX.RSPlug.D Trojan Horse -- New Variant of RSPlug Trojan Horse

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Nov 26 18:28:56 CST 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 6:23 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:

> David Aikema wrote:
>> Uhm... Mac OS X-specific and according to the memo it's distributed
>> through certain pornographic websites.  The "solution" is simply an
>> ad
>> for a product.
>>
>> Why is this on the list?
>
> Obvious answer. This trojan WON'T stay just on poro. sites...they
> never
> do. And second, there are a number here who use MACs.

	The interesting thing is that Mac trojans so far (thankfully) haven't
gotten around very well. I think it may be that people get nervous
when something they downloaded wants their administrator password... :-)

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Bad is so bad, that we cannot but think good
Editor, OfB.biz   | an accident;  good is so  good, that  we feel
tbutler at ofb.biz   | certain that evil could be explained."
timothybutler.us  |                           -- G. K. Chesterton