[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Laptops (Was: Re: Sony Laptops?)

Jason P. Franklin pastor.jason at westwoodbf.com
Fri Nov 21 07:37:08 CST 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 11:41 PM, Nathan T. wrote:

> Gateway's tech support had the balls to hang on up on
> someone twice while they were calling from in the store to find out
> about their warranty, so I wouldn't buy one if I had a gun to my head.

About 10 or eleven years ago I bought a Gateway Laptop.  There was a
Gateway Country near my school so I got to play around with different
models before buying.  Anyway, it did have some issues, but customer
service was excellent.  On one occasion it had to be sent into some
shop somewhere.  Gateway sent me a packing box ad had it back to me
fairly fast.  I was very impressed.  Over time, however, their
customer support became worse and worse.  Finally, I had another
incident which required it to be sent into the shop.  Still under
warranty (I had purchased the extended warranty), Gateway said I'd
have to send it in on my own dime.  When I informed them they'd payed
for it the last time, I was told that it wasn't their policy to do
that anymore.  That was the first and last gateway I purchased.

Jason P. Franklin
Christian/Husband/Father/Missionary
Westwood Bible Fellowship
www.westwoodbf.com