[CS-FSLUG] Blogging on the Cheap

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Nov 19 18:18:07 CST 2008

Ed Hurst wrote:

[snip]

> Thus, I realize I'm on the fringe of things, but that's where I feel
> called to stand. I expect some hassle with that. Still, I have managed
> to make a few friends in this world, and I'd like for them to have ways
> to keep track of my brain spew. Google will work for my faith-oriented
> writing, but I need something for all the other stuff. My current
> account at My Opera <http://my.opera.com/jehurst/blog/> is making me
> very unhappy: frequently inaccessible, sometimes clunky and hard to use,
> requiring membership for comments, the only redeeming features are it's
> free and it has RSS.
>
> Given what you now know, what might some of you suggest as a better
> alternative?

'Sorry, Ed....I can't help you. I've dreamed of having the $$ to be able
to simply setup
the servers required to off for free services for people just like you.
That way, it would
be assured that people wouldn't get booted, unless of course the
liberals manage to
pass legislation so oppressive that I'd have to shut it down, in which
case, the supremes
would be busy with me for awhile. ;) I'd have set all this up sometime
ago, if I'd been born with
money instead of being handsome. :)

Fred

--
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to