[CS-FSLUG] Blogging on the Cheap

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Wed Nov 19 07:56:04 CST 2008

Jon Glass wrote:

> I take it you aren't interested in hosting your own blog on your own
> servers and domain? That would seem to be the best option, IMO. Use
> WordPress to run it if you want server-side everything. I have a
> Mac-only program, called iBlog that will also post anywhere I have a
> domain (I use my homepage.mac.com for my "blog") So, there are options
> that don't include having a blogging service.

Don't own any. I do have some limited leased space on the same machine
hosting this list, and have had my blog there before. The first one ran
well, but then I got tangled in a political mess which required shutting
it down. I'm not ready to try it again until more time has passed. The
second attempt with a different address was simply *too* private, though
it had the advantage of full control, since it was 100% static HTML --
but no RSS.

I do have a machine suitable for running as a server, but I don't yet
have a commercial grade account with my ISP. I'm not in a position to
explore that just yet due to costs.

--
Ed Hurst