[CS-FSLUG] I think this is timely.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Nov 14 13:16:35 CST 2008

 A Word With You
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/content/view/6735>

*A Little More Time To Harvest - #5699* Listen Online
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/content/view/6735>

	Ron Hutchcraft Ministries
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/content/view/6735>

      Thursday, November 13, 2008

Download MP3
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/images/stories/awwy/A_Word_With_You_11-13-2008.mp3>
(right click to save)

There's a stretch of nights in the fall when the moon is absolutely
incredible! It's usually in October. That's harvest time for farmers.
And when it's full moon time, you can see this huge, brilliant,
yellowish moon rising in the eastern sky. It just makes you stop and
almost catch your breath. I think it was in the days before electricity
that farmers started calling it a "harvest moon." With so much depending
on the harvest and so little time to bring it in, every hour had to
count. And the days never seemed quite long enough to get it all in. So
a bright full moon was more than just a beautiful view...it meant
something much more important. With that extra light, God was giving
them a little more time to harvest!

I'm Ron Hutchcraft, and I want to have A Word With You today about "A
Little More Time To Harvest."

It could be that you and I are living right now in the light of a
spiritual harvest moon - to bring to Jesus some of the lives around us
that He died to rescue. Maybe that's why He's giving you a little more time.

There's a powerful illustration of this in our word for today from the
Word of God in Luke 13:6. "Then (Jesus) told this parable: 'A man had a
fig tree, planted in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it,
but did not find any. So he said to the man who took care of the
vineyard, 'For three years now I've been coming to look for fruit on
this fig tree and haven't found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up
the soil?' 'Sir,' the man replied, 'leave it alone for one more year,
and I'll dig around it and fertilize it. If it bears fruit next year,
fine! If not, then cut it down.'"

I wonder how many of our lives this parable is describing? Jesus comes
looking for some fruit from a believer's life, especially in the form of
some people you've introduced to Him. He finds none. Why should He leave
us here any longer, just soaking up the nutrients in our spiritual soil?
But the answer comes, "Give him/give her a little more time to make a
difference." By virtue of the fact that you and I are still here, Jesus
has decided to let us have at least a little more time to take some
people to heaven with us.

I'll tell you, you feel it deeply when the time for you to bring someone
home runs out - when harvest time is over. I remember my high school
friend Cathy. We never dated; we were just really good friends. One
morning, during my freshman year of college, I remember waking up to a
news story that mentioned her name. The night before, a gunman had
walked into the Student Union at the university that Cathy attended,
pulled out a gun, and he shot her in cold blood. Suddenly, I was out of
chances to tell Cathy about how she could go to heaven. We had talked
about everything except Jesus! I had slept through the harvest, and time
had run out.

That's why the Bible says that when it comes to talking about Jesus,
"Make the most of every opportunity" (Colossians 4:4). This spiritual
harvest business is urgent stuff. Harvest always is. You know the
opportunity doesn't last long, you drop everything to bring it in, and
if you wait, you miss it. God wants us to feel that kind of urgency
about telling the people we know about the Man who loved them enough to
die for them. We never know when their time or our time will run out.

So, like the farmer toiling feverishly in the extended light of a
harvest moon, God has given you a little more time to bring in someone
that His Son died for. Don't keep putting it off. Don't let your life be
so full of un-eternal stuff that you miss the mission that matters most.
Someone you know desperately needs Jesus, and Jesus has given you a
little more time to bring them home.

Yours for Life
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/Yours-For-Life/Presentation/Alpha>

To find out how you can begin a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
please visit:

Yours for Life
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/Yours-For-Life/Presentation/Alpha>
or call 1-888-966-7325.

"A Word With You" is a daily radio challenge, with slice-of-life
illustrations and insights - providing practical help on the issues that
matter most. If your local Christian radio station does not air this
program, please let them know how much it is of value to you. "A Word
With You" is a radio outreach and production of Ron Hutchcraft
Ministries, Inc
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/>.

Permission to distribute this material via email, or individual copies,
is automatically granted on the condition it will be used for
non-commercial purposes, and will not be sold. To reproduce "A Word With
You" transcripts in any other format, including Internet websites,
written permission is needed.

Contact
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/About/Ron-Hutchcraft-Ministries-Inc./Contact-Us>
or Support
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/lt/t_go.php?i=554&e=NjE3Mjc=&l=-http--www.hutchcraft.com/Support/Hutchcraft-Ministries/Support-Hutchcraft-Ministries>
Ron Hutchcraft Ministries.
<http://email.hutchcraft.com/12all/box.php?funcml=unsub2&nl=2&mi=554&email=fmiller%40lightlink.com>

Ron Hutchcraft Ministries | PO Box 400 | Harrison, Arkansas 72602

Copyright © 2008, Ron Hutchcraft

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."