[CS-FSLUG] 3 Eternal Destinies not 2

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Wed Nov 12 17:44:04 CST 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008 10:38:24 am Jason P. Franklin wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 09:10 -0500, Keli of Coxsackie wrote:
> > The Bible is very clear that there are 3 Eternal Destinies not 2..
> > The wicked go to the Lake of Fire prepared for the Devil  and his
> > angels..
> > The Righteous go to the Eternal Nations.. where their tears will be
> > wiped away..
> > The Holy will rule and reign with the Master as his bride..
>
> I disagree that the Bible is clear that there are 3 Eternal Destinies.
> I agree with Jon that you appear to be taking words and verses out of
> context to construct a false doctrine.  It sounds scarily close to the
> Mormon doctrine of three heavens (or levels of heaven) - so you have two
> levels rather than three.
>
> I would also agree with Jon that I am extremely leery of needing further
> illumination outside of revealed scripture to  understand a doctrine.
> You ought to be able to direct me to copious numbers of passages
> detailing this doctrine in within the word of God.
>
> As with Jon, my searches for a relationship between the words Eternal
> and Nations has come up dry.

I do not want to get into this debate, I just wanted to point out some things
to try and help one way or the other.

Read Revelation 22:11 it shows 3 categories of eternal destination.

The First Category contains Two Classifications of people who do evil: the
Unjust and theFilthy.
The Unjust take advantage of others for their own selfish gain.
The Filthy ruin the lives of others with their own moral corruption.
The Second Category is made up of those who do good: called the Righteous (or
Just).
The Righteous are the “good people” of every nation and culture (Acts 10:35)
who live according to the dictates of their own conscience (Romans 2:14-16).
They fear God and respect other human beings.
The Third category as I understand is Holy:

Which means "set apart". they live entirely for the one who has redeemed them,
read 2 Corinthians 5:15. They are supposed to be part of the Holy Nation where
the god of heaven is going to rise up on the earth. Read: 1 Peter 2:9 and
Daniel 2:44

--
David M.