[CS-FSLUG] PD: They have started already... HR6257 To Reauthorize the Assault Weapon Ban

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Nov 9 15:08:18 CST 2008

David McGlone wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2008 10:22:36 am Fred A. Miller wrote:
>> Tina Gasperson wrote:
>>> I recently came to a realization about this whole 2nd amendment thing:
>>> it is precisely because the military has these things that it is vital
>>> that citizens are legally permitted to have them as well. It may sound
>>> "out there" at this point in time to think that the military would
>>> ever overtake the citizenry, but it is certainly not out of the
>>> question if things ever head in that direction. That, I believe, is
>>> the point of the 2nd amendment.
>> You are very close! Simply, the reason that NOBama, Kennedy, Biden, and
>> ALL other liberals don't want the public armed is that if your desire is
>> to be a slave master, you don't want those slaves able to shoot back!
>> Liberals can't use the ignorant excuse that all they want to do is save
>> lives because ALL the evidence, including stats from the FBI PROVE just
>> the opposite - gun control of any flavor DOESN'T work.
>
> Here's what agitates me,
>
> To me this is not about gun control, this is about placing blame for gun
> control squarely on the Democrats. In your original post, you said "The
> Democrats have already started",
>
> If you go back in  history to 1934 When Roosevelt was president,  and
> Democrats had majority, the national firearms act of 1934 was largely enacted
> to try and help keep firearms out of mobsters hands. Did Roosevelt and
> congress have bad intentions? I don't think so.
>
> Then in 1938 The Federal Firearms Act of 1938 put limitations on selling
> firearms. The limitations were prohibiting selling firearms to criminals. Is
> this a bad thing? I don't think so.
>
> Then in 1968 under President Johnson the "Gun control act of 1968" was enacted
> to try and keep guns out of criminals hands, kids hands and people who were
> incompetent. Were there bad intentions? I don't think so.

[snip]

I snipped as it's not important. NO gun control works....period! I don't
care what party proposes it. For sometime, it's been mostly demos. that
have done just that and currently it's almost 100% push from demos,
including our new Marxist Pres.

Fred

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."