[CS-FSLUG] David (and anyone else): Study Bible

Timothy Butler TBUTLER at OFB.BIZ
Sat Nov 8 22:49:17 CST 2008

David, per the suggestion you get a study Bible, CBD has a few really
good deals on them on a "Friday Sale" that seems to still be going. I
have somewhat of a minor quarrel with CBD myself, but it is safe to
deal with them. The ESV Study Bible, which is hot off the presses, is
over there for just $25:

http://www.christianbook.com/fabfriday?p=1142521

 From what I've used of it, I really like it. Several of my profs.
contributed to it, including Dr. Collins, who headed up Old Testament
translation for the ESV. Knowing the gentlemen who contributed to it,
even only having used it a bit, I trust it is hard to go wrong with.

I'm not familiar with the other study Bibles in the list, but maybe
someone else can vouch for them. In any case, there are good deals to
be had at that link.

Enjoy!

-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Every ant  knows the  formula of its ant-hill,
Editor, OfB.biz   | every  bee knows  the formula  of its  beehive.
tbutler at ofb.biz   | They know it  in their own way, not in our way.
timothybutler.us  | Only humankind does not know its own formula."
                                               -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky