[CS-FSLUG] [PD] They have started already... HR6257 To Reauthorize the Assault Weapon Ban

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Nov 8 21:56:30 CST 2008

> Thanks, but when the US has 14.24 deaths per 100,000 people and Canada
> has 4.31, I'll stay right where I am.

Oh, where to begin?

First, I agree I'm not real fond of life here right now. I dearly love
the people, but we have the most awful failure to develop of just about
any nation in history. It requires books to explain, things like too
stinking big for a single country, too deeply divided (by design), and
our government hasn't been "of the people, by the people, for the
people" since before that lie was first uttered in public. I don't
suffer any delusions about how glorious our nation's history is. Just
ask a few American Natives. I can't afford to leave, and there's not any
safe places left to go.

Second, I love the people I've met all over the world -- Netherlands,
Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Canada, UK, France --
in pretty much the same sense I love the folks here. That goes for all
the folks I've met from other places I may never visit. I am a citizen
of Heaven, and I refuse to swear any kind of allegiance to any human
government, because not one has been ordained by God since some time
ago. Our own bloody revolution was hardly supported by a majority of the
folks here at the time. There was nothing biblical about either side of
it, just another excuse to kill and make money.

Third, don't confuse symptoms with causes. Statistics can be mashed,
mangled and beaten until they confess to all manner of falsehoods. It
doesn't require conspiracy theories to understand what most people
*think* they know about gun violence is never more than half the story.

Fourth: Ever hear of the North American Union? Maybe you've heard of the
SPP. It's coming to your neck of woods along with mine. It's been
cooking for a lot longer than you and I have been alive. Satan has
blinded the eyes of men to believe they can build some idiotic heaven on
earth, and there are a dozen agendas for it. One or more of them will
surely be tried. Nothing is so nearly oppressive and dangerous to human
life as bigger government. That principle was inherent in God's warning
to Israel about asking for a king. Human beings in their fallen state
can have no better life than tribal existence with a very weak
government, directly responsible face-to-face with the people it
governs. That was God's plan, not mine. The US and most other world
governments were also *not* God's plans. He's just tolerant for now.

We are already on the downslope into a police state in the US, largely
because of our unique failures as a nation. I didn't make this mess, but
I'm stuck here living in it. I'll be glad to die for my own sake and see
the face of my Savior. I can't make that decision for others. My failure
to stand against the sin of oppressive government is the same sin as the
oppression. Not a single government in history has backed down without
an armed revolt.

--
Ed Hurst