[CS-FSLUG] Mac to Linux: Bible Software

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Nov 3 15:21:08 CST 2008

"Josiah Ritchie" <josiah at ritchietribe.net> writes:
> If anyone has gathered the contact information, please share. I'd like
> to support this, but my time to research it is small.

The closest reference to this kind of thing is here:
http://www.thomasnelson.com/consumer/dept.asp?dept_id=1117931&TopLevel_id=100000#RightsLicensing
There is no other mention of licensing that I can find now (these pages
have changed quite a bit since I last looked, Dec '07), but the postal
addresses are fairly consistent.  Therefore:

Thomas Nelson, Inc.
Attn: Licensing Director
P. O. Box 141000
Nashville, TN 37214-1000

Tell them you'd be interested in seeing a Sword Project (not e-Sword)
module produced for NKJV and perhaps other resources like NNIBD.  Offer
them a URL or three for background information such as...
http://www.crosswire.org/
http://gnomesword.sourceforge.net/
http://bibletime.info/
...and say that you are able to put them in touch with people like me or
the other folks who work on Sword Project matters, and that we are
willing to produce the module ourselves on their behalf using their
official text, whether they wish to give it away or sell it.  (A Sword
Project contributor is doing NASB.  A combination of bible.org and Sword
Project people did NET.)

BTW, the fellow who started Crosswire Bible Society and The Sword
Project is Troy Griffitts.  He's a programmer who finished his MDiv
earlier this year and headed off to work with Tyndale House NT Research
Library in England for some months.  He is reachable as scribe -A-T-
crosswire -D-O-T- org.

You can see a little record of attempts to get at various publishers
here: http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/Module_Requests

--karl