[CS-FSLUG] Christian Search Engine

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun Nov 2 07:25:30 CST 2008

Micah Yoder wrote:

> Searching my name resulted in nothing. I have quite a lot of stuff on Google.

Ditto.

> Unfortunately Google is needed to do my job. I haven't found anything
> else that comes close.

Paul used Rome's road network to his advantage. It was a propitious
moment in history to have one massive evil empire, which also happened
to be pretty efficient at road building and still using the Greek
language, as the means to jump start the Gospel. Then, God raised up a
PhD who understood the huge gap between Western culture, which ruled his
world, and Eastern culture from which the Bible arises. Paul was the
chosen instrument in the chosen time and place.

Rome was still a hideous blot on human history as the quintessential
dehumanizing government, from which virtually every government which
followed took their cues.

--
Ed Hurst