[CS-FSLUG] Church Management Software

EnzoAeneas enzoaeneas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:09:53 CDT 2008

ChurchInfo seems to lack some extensibility and also requires a web
server which we have, but remotely hosted. We do not currently have
broadband access at the church, and while I could setup a local web
server, all of our machines are not networked (yet).
I also believe that a more desktop oriented solution would assuage many
of the fears and concerns our pastor, secretary, and trustees have about
moving away from their spreadsheets and quicken.

That being said, ChurchInfo does present some goods ideas. Possibly a
browser-based application run on the local system with the option for
remote synchronization of specific data to the web. That can be
generically formatted, or specific to a web -application. Maybe an open
source reporting framework could be employed to generate the web pages &
data and then FTP/SFTP/WebDAV could be utilized to deploy to your web
server.

Let me know what you guys think?

Kevin James