[CS-FSLUG] Recovering mangled mime attachments

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Fri Mar 7 19:49:47 CST 2008

Some of my clients show me email messages with mangled attachments.
Usually it's a JPEG, and the boundary markers are missing in the body of
the message, or the attachment somehow got named something insane like
'397K(1)]' with no extension.

I realize this is usually the fault of the sender, but it could be any
number of steps along the way between sender and receiver. My clients
typically use Outlook or OE, because it's compatible with ZoomText, and
Thunderbird is not quite there.

Are there ways to recover these 'lost' attachments? Special tools, etc.?

--
Ed Hurst