[CS-FSLUG] flat screen tv as monitor

david d.mcglone at att.net
Sat Jul 5 21:31:12 CDT 2008

Hi all.

I recently acquired a philips 21in flat screen TV and I would like to use it
as a monitor for my desktop.

Earlier today I fired it up on my desktop using an S-Video cable because it
didn't have a vga to DMI cable and the picture was grainy and the fonts were
completely unreadable. It was horrible. I managed to get a half-way decent
looking desktop by using 800x600, but this makes everything so big that it
doesn't fit and the whole desktop scrolls when you move the cursor to either
side.

My question is, would I get a better picture if I used a VGA to DMI cable
instead of the S-Video cable? Or do I need to get a better Graphics card? Or
should I just give up hope alltogether?

--
David M.