[CS-FSLUG] Exim and Greylisting

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Jul 5 20:03:22 CDT 2008

I'm having trouble with greylisting and my exim server. It seems that
exim becomes convinced that the servers that temporarily bounce back
mail as part of the (in my opinion, troublesome) greylisting procedure
are actually permanently unresolvable. With this in mind, it simply
bounces back to the sender any mail that those on my server try to
send to the greylisting server until I clear out exim's cache. If I
clear its list, it will work again for a short time, and then start
bouncing again (it seems that exim will take a certain number of
failures from a given server before it refuses to attempt delivery).

Any suggestions on how to make exim live in a greylisting world a bit
more successfully?

	Thanks,
		Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Philosophy  always  requires  something  more,
Editor, OfB.biz   | requires the eternal,  the true, in contrast to
tbutler at ofb.biz   | which even the fullest existence as such is but
timothybutler.us  | a happy moment."
                                               -- Søren Kierkegaard