[CS-FSLUG] Ubuntu & Flash

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Sun Jan 20 19:23:16 CST 2008

"Nathan T." <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got the most recent Ubuntu on one of my computers, currently
> although flash reports as being installed it does not work in
> FireFox. Has anyone else run into this, I'm guessing the libflash
> plugin file was put in the wrong place, but I haven't checked. Before
> I spend too much time looking into this I wanted to know if anyone
> else has run into this and what solution they resorted to.

Ran into this just last night. It's a problem with the Ubuntu
installer. The installer is for an older version of Flash.

I found these instructions in one of the Ubuntu forums. They worked
for me...

1. Download the .tar.gz file from
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
2. Unpack the .tar.gz file: tar -xzf
3. Copy the libflashplayer.so file to /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/
4. Restart Firefox.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com

Enter through the narrow gate... But small is the gate and narrow the
road that leads to life, and only a few find it. -- Matthew 7:13a,14