[CS-FSLUG] OT: Converting from Incandescent to Flourescent Lights

David McGlone d.mcglone at att.net
Sat Jan 12 06:14:01 CST 2008

On Friday 11 January 2008 11:16:19 pm Don Parris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a project to convert my home from incandescent to
> fluorescent lights.  At work, I am creating a short how-to about this for
> the employees, as part of my involvement in the Clean Air Works project.
> Here's the fun part.  I used OOo (could have used any old spreadsheet I
> suppose) to create a spreadsheet to calculate things like:
> <> what percentage of my house is currently converted
> <> cost savings (by electrical cost and by bulb purchases)
> <> CO2 emissions reduced
> <> comparisons between current conversion progress and what I can expect
> when I complete my conversion
> <> basic light bulb prices (I used my local Wal-Mart, so you should change
> the Price sheet for your situation)

<snip>

I just read an article and some comments about these bulbs, some good some
not. I was thinking about switching, but after reading this, I'm not so sure.
Check out the comments in the box below the article. One thing that piqued my
interest was the fact they contain mercury and you cannot use them in lamps
with clip on shades.

Anyway, take a look at the article it might help in making a decision in the
future.

--
David M.