[CS-FSLUG] I'm Employed

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Feb 19 19:34:48 CST 2008

I would like to invite you all to rejoice with me, as I am now employed.
A contractor with VA Independent Living services has hired me to teach
the computer use to veterans with poor vision. Mostly it's a matter of
teaching them to use ZoomText, but because this requires a beefy system,
the VA often purchases a new batch of hardware I setup for the clients.
Then I teach them in their home how to adjust settings, how to configure
ZoomText for their needs, and work on getting their other software to
cooperate with it.

It's a self-employment contract. I don't work full time, but I take
clients as the need arises. We cover a large area, all of Oklahoma,
parts of Texas, and perhaps more. This pays fairly well when I work, and
I am pretty much in charge of setting my own schedule in cooperation
with the clients.

I'm starting with one gentleman, and he's pretty much every other day,
so I've been very busy. I still need a second vehicle, something road
worthy for the long drives.

Thanks for all who prayed with me about this new ministry. My team
members are quite happy to have another serious Christian on board.

--
Ed Hurst