[CS-FSLUG] PD: Rick Warren: Opposed to gay marriage, not gay partnerships

Warren Sanders warren at sandersonline.org
Mon Dec 29 12:41:46 CST 2008

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> The problem with ANYONE in the pulpit, or ANY so-called Christian leader
> or denomination that approves of homosexuality in ANY form is that it is
> an approval of sin! And, that is my complaint and WELL founded in
> Scripture. It has NOTHING to do with anything but condoning people
> living in sin! I have the SAME reaction to those in Christianity who
> have molested children, for example. Just so no one thinks I'm picking
> on queers....I'm not.

This is somewhat disturbing.  I would not suggest sexual sin be grounds
for refused entry in a church.  I do not see how calling it "approval of
sin" by allowing those seeking forgiveness of their sin.  There are many
folks who do not understand yet they are living in sin.  I understand
you did not say this, but when speaking on this, I think it is very
important for pre-Christians to know they are welcome.  Love the sinner
not the sin.

I often hear professed Christians being quite abrasive when speaking
truths.  I'm not disagreeing with what they are saying... just
disagreeing with their delivery.  We must not feed solid food to
pre-Christians expecting them to fully understand.  See what Hebrews
5:11-14 says.

--
Warren Sanders