[CS-FSLUG] The Lord's Boot Camp 'fascinating - AWESOME!!

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sun Dec 28 13:13:58 CST 2008

Heidi Ewing is one of the founders of Loki Films, which produced a
documentary on The Lord's Boot Camp for CBS's 48 Hours. She says the
film takes an in-depth, first-person look at three teens preparing for
the mission field.

"We thought it was fascinating and wanted to find out what type of kids
would give up their whole summer to go to a very grueling, physically
demanding boot camp in the swamps of Florida to prepare for -- to go to
far flung locations," Ewing explains.

Ewing admits she was impressed by the campers and the work they did in
Africa.

"[In] one of the programs they wash and heal the feet of AIDS orphans,
and they give them shoes. And you know they are going into very
impoverished areas and coming face-to-face with some very ugly realities
in this world," she points out. "And at such a young age, for them to
have the maturity to want to go through this program and spend their
time helping out other people, I was very impressed with the kids that
we met at the camp, and that made them different from the average
American teen."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=364270

--
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed
regularly -- and for the same reason."