[CS-FSLUG] help with web based spreadsheet

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Fri Apr 25 01:32:17 CDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Ron Thompson <ron.t at xplornet.com> wrote:
> putting on a simulated emergency exercise / contest.  Many radio clubs will
>  set up stations away from home, off the power grid, with temporary antennae
>  and accommodations (tent's, RV's, and the like).  In preparation for this we
>  would like to coordinate our gear and manpower on our own online spreadsheet,
>  and I'm looking for some help to do that.
>
>    What I have is my web hosting package through Tim's company, which is where
>  I'd like to put the spreadsheet.   Club members should have access to it to
>  make changes, and while I don't mind if its open for anyone to view, I would
>  like to password protect it to restrict changes to club members.
>
>     How difficult would this be to do?

Any particular reason why Google Spreadsheets wouldn't do? We use
Google to do our church's expenses, and have a fairly
complex/extensive spreadsheet up. It works surprisingly well. We're in
our second year of using it. Only those with permission have access,
but it's quite easy to add/invite people. If you want to see how it
works, I believe I have an empty spreadsheet up that I could temp.
invite you to. Write me off-list, and I'll send you the deets.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland