[CS-FSLUG] Hard Disk Deals?

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Apr 14 11:07:16 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,
	I've been putting off buying backup storage and have outgrown my
current drive in the mean time. I've decided I need to start
seriously looking for more storage to hold photos, video and other
large things. I'm inclined to say I think I should go with 750GB to
1TB SATA hard disks, to avoid outgrowing them too fast, although
500GB might work. I'm going to be doing some photography that must be
shot in Raw, so I expect that my space consumption is going to
rapidly increase in the coming weeks.

	I'm leaning towards buying internal and sticking the drive(s) into
my existing external box, but if there is an especially good deal on
an external drive, especially if it is Firewire-based (USB or eSATA,
may work), that might work too.

	If you happen to see a two-pack bundle deal, that would be even better.

	Has anyone seen a good deal on any of those sizes (especially from
Seagate, unless you have a reason you really prefer another brand)?

	Thanks,
		Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "The yellow fog that rubs its back upon the
window-panes,
Editor, OfB.biz   | The yellow smoke that rubs its muzzle on the
window-panes
tbutler at ofb.biz   | Licked  its  tongue  into the  corners  of  the
evening,
timothybutler.us  | Lingered upon the pools that stand in drains."
                                                                 --
T.S. Eliot