[CS-FSLUG] Amazon launches MP3 Music Store

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Sep 25 19:38:58 CDT 2007

I think the downloader is partially for convenience (your don't need
it to buy single tracks). It adds the downloads to iTunes
automatically on Mac/Windows. That makes it almost (but not quite) as
convenient as the iTunes Store.

For those who have missed it, iTunes also offers some tracks in a DRM
free AAC (MPEG-4) file via the service known as iTunes Plus. However,
they charge $0.30 extra, whereas Amazon is charging the same price as
the normal, DRM'ed iTunes rate.

	-Tim