[CS-FSLUG] Fingerprint system

David McGlone david.mcglone at att.net
Mon Sep 24 18:31:54 CDT 2007

On Monday 24 September 2007 6:35:24 pm Warren Sanders wrote:
> David McGlone wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have no clue how to explain this, but I'll do my best. And forgive me
> > if this sounds idiotic but I am genuinely concerned about this issue.
> >
> > My 3 kids school have started a fingerprint system where the parents can
> > send their kids lunch money etc, etc to the school and the school will
> > use the kids fingerprints to access their money in the cafeteria and
> > such.
> >
> > I for one am not a big fan of this, but I don't know how to express my
> > concerns to the school. I worry about many things and my main concern is
> > the Bible. Can anyone refer me to some guidance in my bible?
> >
> > I hope I can get some feedback as soon as possible, I will be meeting
> > with someone on the school board tomorrow morning and I want to be
> > prepared.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I certainly feel your pain.  However I'd be more concerned if they
> wanted to implant chips or tattoo our children.

That's my bigger worry. I'm worried that this fingerprint system is just the
beginning of implanted chips.

> These are signs that we
> are getting ever closer to the times mentioned in the Bible.

Very true. I'm sitting here thinking that whether I say anything or not, I
cannot stop it from happening. But at least I can protect my child some way
or another in the process.

I have seriously considered home schooling them, but I am afraid I am not able
to give them the quality education that someone with the credentials could.
And I cannot afford private or christian schools.

> I'm sure
> many point can be brought up in regard to Biblical warnings on this
> subject, but there are also examples where others were very flexible to
> the request of society.  Such as the name change: "to Hananiah,
> Shadrach; to Mishael, Meshach; and to Azariah, Abednego." Yet they did
> not bend on eating the royal food.  Ultimately our freedom to spread the
> Good News still stands.

This is where I'm confused. I don't know whether to ask them not to include my
child in this, or consider removing them from the school or just go along
with it.

--
David M.