[CS-FSLUG] Sound card evangelism

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Tue Oct 30 21:41:07 CDT 2007

You'all know those greeting cards, the ones you open and then they play
some little tune.

The idea is to produce something similar, VERY simple and hopefully
quite cheap that can carry a 5 - 8 minute evangelistic message.

A friend in a place that should not be named has immediate need for a
few zillion of them.  Right now they are using the defunct The
Messenger, a about $10 a pop, they look sort of a credit-card size MP3
players.  That worked fine, but sadly those are no longer manufactured,
and the price was somewhat steep to go beyond a few hundred.

One great thing to have if at all possible is the ability to load the
message 'in the field'.  As we speak some valiant local believers are
taking Messengers risking life and liberty, because the things have to
be programmed in the factory.

I have a toy I paid $5 for that I gave my wife where I can record a 30
second message of love.  Something like that that can hold 10 minutes
and we are in business, sending messages of the true Love of Christ all
over (of course we make sure the message cannot be messed with, etc).

If you do not have a solution, please pass on this message to someone
who might.  In the 6-degrees-of-separation principle, it shouldn't take
more than a few clicks for the one person who can make it happen to
contact me.  I've set up an account just for this,

chips at lospescadores.org

Thank you all

Yama Ploskonka