[CS-FSLUG] New Toy

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Oct 8 16:13:30 CDT 2007

Josiah Ritchie wrote:
>> This is now my only working system, and runs Ubuntu 7.10-Beta.
>
> Congrats! I have a Latitude C640 that I'm very happy with.

Thanks, guys. Now for the bad news: I had an awful lot of trouble with
drivers. Eventually, I could no longer connect with wireless. Worst of
all, no combination of trickery could convince Linux to put it in
hibernate mode and come back. It always locked up and had to go through
a reboot to recover, meaning fsck, etc.

It really broke my heart. One of the primary reasons for getting a
laptop was being able to hibernate between sessions. Without it, there
was no point in all the trouble and expense. Funny how hibernate worked
fine on the old Solo 2500. Oh well...

I can't afford any more time fooling with it, so I took the chicken way
out and reinstalled XP. Maybe I'll try it again sometime when things are
working better. Go ahead and respond with catcalls, etc.

--
Ed Hurst