[CS-FSLUG] Content Management Software

Micah Yoder yoderm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 05:17:35 CDT 2007

> I've often wondered about this myself, with news almost weekly of a
> vulnerability found in PHP. I know there are projects using Perl (Tim's
> SAFARI) and plenty using CGI, and a couple using Java. Any others?

More than PHP security vulnerabilities.  PHP is horribly inefficient.
It has to parse all the code for every HTTP request.  Developing
complex object models in PHP makes for *ugly* code.

Sometimes I wish I could start a CMS project for Python/Postgres, but
there are far too many other things I'd like to do ... really need to
make up my mind and stick to one.

PHP is fine for small sites with simple logic.  Using it for more than
that is, IMHO, insane.